Who we are
Climate Action Newtown (CAN) is a registered Community Interest Company based in Newtown, Powys.
- We welcome membership applications from individuals and organizations based Newtown and the surrounding area.
- See the our Articles of Association for the formal statement of our objectives and legal status.
How to contact us
Our website address is: https://www.climateactionnewtown.cymru.
- You can contact us in the following ways:
- by using our web contact form; or
- by email to one of the following addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for enquiries related to this policy)
- email@example.com (for general enquires about the organisation)
On Line Forms
- If you enter data in an online form on the site, we collect and retain the data you enter on the form. We will seek to validate that a submission from you has been made by you by sending an email seeking your confirmation that the data was entered by you. In most cases, we automatically email you a copy of the data entered, giving you an opportunity to correct errors. If you do not receive a copy of the submitted information, you may request a copy of your submission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this information will be sent to the email address entered on the submitted form.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images that include embedded location data (EXIF GPS). If you do not do this, visitors to the website may be able to download location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, forms, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Unless we have a formal data sharing agreement with the provider of the embedded content, we will not have access to the information you enter on the embedded form. If we have a formal data sharing agreement with the provider of the content embedded in a page on our website, this will be stated on that webpage.
Who we share your data with
- Information that you submit will only be shared in the following circumstances.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- In some cases, data collected from you may be included in aggregate reports, analyses or summaries that are published or shared with other organisations. In these cases:
- The form, or application, used to collect this data will clearly indicate both the intended use of this data and the extent of sharing.
- We will exclude data that uniquely identifies you from any shared or published data.
- You will be asked to indicate your consent to this use when completing the form.
- The form will indicate whether consent for sharing is required or optional. In some cases, you may be able to complete a form while withholding consent to sharing. However, if the primary purpose of the form requires sharing of aggregate data, you may be unable to submit the form if you do not provide consent.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- If you register an account on our website, we also store the personal information you provide as part of your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your account details at any time. However, you cannot change your website account username. Climate Action Newtown website administrators can also view and edit your account information and reserve the right to suspend or delete website user accounts.
- Members of Climate Action Newtown and subscribers to Climate Action Newtown mailing lists (for newsletters and/or event notifications) are registered on our website with roles that support automated mailings of relevant materials. Our mailings include an unsubscribe option that can be used to cancel subscriptions to any of our mailing lists.
What rights do you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, have left comments, or completed an onsite form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments and form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We also scan logins and form submissions using Google ReCAPTCHA to block automatic form submissions by web bots.
Privacy Notice published on 27 February 2023 with improved formatting and minor corrections to version published on 13 July 2022